Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good Changes.. I think

I just had one of those moments when I suddenly felt over-whelmed. It's not really a surprise, just something that's been building. I have so much on the go in my mind I just feel frazzled. It's funny that summer, with it's energizing brightness, can be so motivating... and yet I've some what over-filled my plate.

I've been trying to meet more moms (always the goal I suppose) which has been pretty successful. Also, getting Kaeda into preschool and sorting all the baby stuff to go in the big Victoria consignment sale (I REALLY need to get on that). And now... we've decided that it's time for me to go back to school.... that's probably the biggest thing. I've spent hours reading post-secondary institution sites, trying to understand all their courses and rules and applications. I've been on the phone and in person and it's still confusing as hell. Every time it becomes a little clear I can't seem to find my way back there again.

All this will blow over in September. Kaeda will start preschool, the sale will be over and school will either be started or not... and if it has started? More to worry about... I'm not exactly a high energy, self-motivated person all the time... is it going to be too much stress? Full time school and the kids? and... a wedding? Jeez, I keep putting it off but we're supposed to be planning  a wedding for next summer! I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it!! I don't know how I'm going to be away from my baby so long...

I guess it will just have to be.. one day at a time for now...

5 comments:

  1. Oooh... what are you gonna take at school? Is that another stressful thing you have to worry about? Or do you already know? If you need help navigating applications, let me know... I have tons of experience under my belt (Kwantlen, SFU, UBC, VCC and now Langara... lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I've applied and now I'm waiting to register (hopefully tuesday). I need to take 3 classes to be full time so... I'm just going to take 3 classes and see what happens! I'm thinking... English, Writing and and Art? If I can... otherwise whatever is available.

    The website and whole process is SO confusing... thankfully I have some help from B's friends. Mostly I just find it easiest to go in and talk to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Are they going to be online courses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so! They have a few but apparently camosun is lacking in online courses. I'm probably going to take English, Art history annnd maybe another art history or creative writing?
    what are you going to be doing at langara?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooooooh.

    I'm doing a Library Tech diploma at Langara. Starting off as an online student... I hate online learning though. :(

    ReplyDelete