Monday, August 8, 2011


It was so hot out yesterday! Bo loves water and had a great time splashing in this tub. I was sitting on the blanket under the umbrella (where the heat still penetrated) eating cherries (mmm!). 


Behind Bo is where our hot tub is - in this heat we haven't been turning it on and it's still a couple degrees above body temperature - it makes a PERFECT pool! So that's where Kaeda was most of the afternoon.


While I was out with the girls B was downstairs washing the carpets and getting the house ready for our new roomie (who's already living with us). If he wasn't doing that he'd be off on some other house-improving, life-improving, mechanical or creative project. It's great that he's so motivated but can get kind of annoying that he's here without being here. Some how I manage to do all my projects (well mostly) with the kids in tow or on hip (in Bo's case while she's teething). It frustrates me that he has a hard time being up at 6am with the kids or carrying the baby while doing something (even making toast!). I see that a lot of moms complain about this sort of thing... so I guess it's pretty common and male... but it still gets to me some times. 

With all the stress of money and work right now it's easier to find frustration in the small things that come up. B commented the other day how great is was to be a kid - no worries but the afternoon. Hopefully as things get more stable for us these day-to-day struggles will be less of a weight.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you when it comes to not having money how it can just stress you out and make the small things seem bigger the they are. Kelowna trip really really really put a dent in our pockets that extra week of no pay hurt us. All I know is we always survive and it will get better, that's the only way I can make my days until payday not seem that bad.

    ReplyDelete