Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Four Months



Bowynn is 4 months today!!

I've been looking around at other mom blogs and considering this: A lot of moms are very cautious about posting pictures of their kids and/or their real names. I am careful which pictures I post online but wonder about censoring names? I like sharing the beautiful, unique names of my children - does it really make them more vulnerable to do this? They are too young to go to school yet, but even when they are I wouldn't be sharing the name of the school. Although I share what city I'm from, I try to keep my exact location private. I guess it's a fine line between too much and not enough...

We had a busy day today. I bought new shoes for jogging (I did a little test run this evening!) and I'm SOOO excited for tomorrow's jog! We then took the kids to the petting zoo - which will certainly be more fun when it's a.) warmer and b.) has all the animals back! (baby ones too!). Still, it was nice to get out and do something as a family. I'm really enjoying having B home :)

After dinner we decided to try something new with our bedtime routine... see Kaeda fell asleep on the couch last night around 6pm (her bed time is 8pm and she doesn't nap) and she didn't really wake up much for dinner. We asked her if she wanted to go to bed - and surprisingly she said yes! Even more surprising we put her to bed and she stayed in bed. Slept the whole night through without a peep. It was AWESOME. Both kids asleep by 7pm! So we tried it again tonight, she did comment on the fact that it wasn't dark but otherwise went along with it. With any luck she'll sleep just as soundly tonight :)

Annnnd now I'm finishing off the night with a delicious new treat I came up with. A dish of vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over it... MMmmMMMmMMMmmmmmm!! Maybe not the best idea before bed - but so good! (especially when you're a coffee addict!)

No comments:

Post a Comment