Sunday, April 17, 2011

a break from the craziness (well most of it)

The last two nights have been a great break from the regular. Friday night Marly and I went to the pre-sale for a kids consignment sale. We both showed up sans kids, bought some delicious Starbucks coffee and perused the the tables and racks of meticulously organized, priced and presented stuff. I love going to these sort of places even though I find once I get there I don't buy a lot. I did find a couple cute outfits for Bo to grow into, some books, a puzzle and a toy impact drill for Kaeda for Easter.

While I was going through all the toys there I noticed I buy Kaeda lot of boy's stuff. She loves dinosaurs, dragons, trains and tools. She also loves my little pony, horses, all animals and the occasional princess. Still I was pretty happy to find the drill because she always likes to go "work" with daddy and now she has her own version of what he has.

Last night Kaeda stayed over at Grandmere's house. It's amazing how much quieter it gets without the monster. B and I even went out for dinner. It was a quick one though because Bowynn really didn't like the noise level and it was getting close to her bedtime. 

I was reminded yesterday too the problems that can come of assumption. See I assumed that because we were down the rowdy child it would automatically be a date night.... unfortunately, B did not come to this conclusion and was surprised when I got mad that he had invited Karl over. The long and short of it was that I said, yes, fine, have Karl over for a early night then we'll have a hottub and movie  - early ended up being pretty much bed time so it was hard to enjoy what was left of the evening when I was so preoccupied being irritated. 

What I learned: Yes, I should have been more clear that it was a date night, and Yes, I should have insisted that he call off his plans (he had offered to and we do see Karl pretty much every night). I should have known that it wouldn't work out any other way. 


Ending on a happy note! Bowynn with her new dragon toy from Australia. She is constantly trying to munch on his ears!


2 comments:

  1. Anytime you bneed me to watch the kidlets so you and B can have a date let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) we don't do date night much just because we can't afford it! But it sure would be nice to sit through a fancy dinner without kids some time...
    Thankfully, they sleep pretty good so we do manage a hot tub & movie fairly often (ok, half a movie before we fall asleep...)

    ReplyDelete